8 Replies Latest reply on Dec 3, 2013 7:54 PM by Fred(CH)

What is  Set Script Animation for

shae1725

Title

What is  Set Script Animation for

Exploring the new features in FM13 and came across Set Script animation.

I have searched for a description that a newbie like me would understand but haven't had any luck.

Whats it for?

• 1. Re: What is  Set Script Animation for
          Fred(CH)

Hi shae,

When using new "Slide Control" layout object, there are some animations when switching panel, right ?

These animations are pretty cool. But if you are executing a script, they may slow down your script execution.

It is the reason why you can allow FileMaker (or not) to play these animations during the script execution.

Bye, Fred

PS: Excuse me form my bad english.

• 2. Re: What is  Set Script Animation for
            shae1725

Thanks

I scripted a button to go to next slide using go to object, but no animations!

Is this feature just for ipod/ipad or will it work in windows?

• 3. Re: What is  Set Script Animation for
              MarkScott

shae,

The default behavior when navigating by script between slide panels is for the animation to be off.  In order to enable the sliding effect, precede the "Go to Object [Object Name: "panel x"]" script step with a "Set Script Animation [On]" script step. The latter doesn't need to immediately precede the "Go to Object" step, just come anywhere above it in the current script.

Note that, AFAIK, animations cannot be disabled for non-scripted panel navigation (i.e., by clicking dots in Pro or swiping in Go).

BTW, does anyone else here get a gut feeling that the generic wording of the "Set Script Animation" script step portends additional animations in the future?

HTH,

Mark

• 4. Re: What is  Set Script Animation for
                Fred(CH)

Mark,

Thanks for your help. And i cannot resist :

BTW, does anyone else here get a gut feeling that the generic wording of the "Set Script Animation" script step portends additional animations in the future?

It is obvious to me. But i am an optimist. I set you an appointment here in 2 years for FileMaker 14 clin d'oeil...

Bye, Fred

• 5. Re: What is  Set Script Animation for
                  shae1725

No animated sliding in windows , Must be Mac only! :(

• 6. Re: What is  Set Script Animation for
                    Fred(CH)

Ooops you are right, sorry.

This doc state :

This script step is not supported on Windows. 

Bye, Fred

• 7. Re: What is  Set Script Animation for
                      MarkScott

[EDIT:  Disregard my reply below.  Fred found the caveat in another document, so apparently there is a cross-platform difference here.]

Interesting.  It does, as you suspect, work just as advertised on the Mac.  So far as I know, it's supposed to be equally supported on both platforms: at least the "Installation and New Features Guide" (PDF) doesn't say anything about cross-platform differences as far as tab controls or script animation work.

Best,

Mark

(Edited to acknowledge Fred's more accurate reply, which came in as I initially typed mine.)

• 8. Re: What is  Set Script Animation for
                        Fred(CH)

Mark,

I agree with you. Moreover, when i am using the compatibility pop menu on the script editor's bottom and choose "Windows", this step is not greyed out.

Bye, Fred