AnsweredAssumed Answered

What is a 'Branch'?

Question asked by brian.curran on Nov 9, 2012
Latest reply on Nov 28, 2012 by brian.curran

Title

What is a 'Branch'?

I'm integrating GoZync into my database and have followed every instructional step along the way (some of them several times!) but there's one that has very little documentation and that's adding 'Branches'

#------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                        #Are we already on the layout whose records you want to check? #------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                        #if not, go to layout

Freeze Window
                        Go to Layout
    [ “Contract” (Site) ]
    #
                        #
                        #------------------------------------------------------------------------------ #Find any unsent records #------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Set Error Capture [ On ]
    Enter Find Mode [ ]
    Set Field By Name [ Get ( LayoutTableName ) & "::gz_Send"; 1 ] Perform Find [ ]
    If [ Get ( LastError ) = 0 and Get ( FoundCount ) > 0 ]

Set Variable [ $unsentRecords; Value:"Yes" ] End If

#
                        #
                        #Add a branch / section here for each table you'd like to check for unsent records.

I'm not sure what a branch is but without it, my data won't sync to my iPad. The documentation states that for every layout I want to sync, a branch for that layout must be added to the branch/section.

Are 'branches' a FM thing or a term that SeedCode uses? Either way, I need help, again :)

Outcomes