1 Reply Latest reply on Aug 30, 2010 1:25 PM by Steve Wright

when I use instant publishing, there are failures and format errors

GregShaw

Title

when I use instant publishing, there are failures and format errors

I justed published my database online using the instant web publishing feature. Unfortunately, the online version of my database has formatting errors (icons on buttons are too big and overlap the descriptions (ex. a picture of a box overlaps the word "inventory" so the word can't be seen)). Also, my buttons no longer work. I can only click the "contacts" button. Invoices, products, etc. fail to work.

Any suggestions, please? Thanks.

• 1. Re: when I use instant publishing, there are failures and format errors
          Steve Wright

Instant web publishing renders layouts differently to a desktop version, there are a number of reasons for this.

The best option (in my opinion) is to create specific 'more lightweight' layouts for the IWP version of your solution.
          You can create a startup script which then goes to the correct layout depending if the user is accessing the solution via FM Pro or via the web.

As for the buttons, there are a number of script steps which are not compatible with instant web publishing, some will simply prevent a script from running, which may explain what you are seeing when you say no buttons work.

Within a script, you can select an option (lower left) to show compatibility with IWP.