AnsweredAssumed Answered

when starting Filemaker prog, splash screen displays then prog shuts down.

Question asked by RobW on Nov 27, 2008
Latest reply on Mar 18, 2013 by jlisburn

Title

when starting Filemaker prog, splash screen displays then prog shuts down.

I'm running Filemaker 9.03 on a Mac with OSX tiger.  The program has been working fine for about 3-4 weeks, but now when I try to start it the splash screen displays for about 3 seconds, disappears, and the program will not run (this happens when starting the databases we're using or starting FMP by itself).  I'm running this from an account with "Parental Controls" set up - the user has been "granted" permission to run the Filemaker app & the Permissions on the file/folder are correct (none of this has changed from when it was running correctly).  I can run Filemaker and the databases when logged in to the Admin account.  I also tried creating another "user" account (with Parental Control settings the same as the original account) and I CAN run it from that account.  I changed the original account to "allow user to Administer" - doesn't work.  I've re-installed FMP and the v03 update and set up privileges again - doesn't work from the original account, DOES work from Admin and the new account.  I have one other Mac (same OS) that's running one of the databases through the network, not set up with an "opener" database - it's set up to point to the database file & run it in it's own local copy of FMP - this still works.  I'm guessing that something has changed in this one user account that is keeping FMP from running - don't get any error messages, it just doesn't start!!

Don't have a clue at this point - any ideas would be appreciated!

Thanks, Rob

Outcomes