4 Replies Latest reply on Oct 15, 2009 1:01 AM by davidanders

Where are graphics in templates?

stokesy

Title

Where are graphics in templates?

OK, I know the answer to this one is probably going to be obvious, but I can't find it. Where are the graphics that are in the templates that ship with FmPro (in my case, FM7) stored? Are there more of them to choose from?

Thanks,

Feeling dumb, Stokesby

• 1. Re: Where are graphics in templates?
          TSGal

stokesy:

Thank you for your post.

The templates are FileMaker Pro database files.  The graphics are contained within those template files.  If it is a layout graphic object that interests you, go to the layout with the graphic object, pull down the View menu and select "Layout Mode".  You can now click on the graphic object and copy it to the clipboard.  You can then paste it wherever you like.

All of the Template files are located in the FileMaker Pro 10 folder inside the "English Extras -> Templates" folder.

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc. 

• 2. Re: Where are graphics in templates?
            davidanders
               If I piled all the times a computer or software made me feel stupid, it would be a stack of stupid several yards high.
            • 3. Re: Where are graphics in templates?
              stokesy

Thanks for your reply. I do know that I can copy and paste anything from any template, including the graphics. Are there more icons and/or graphics to choose from? I.e., is there an archive or repository of graphic symbols to choose from? Are the ones in the templates jpegs or what?

Thanks.

• 4. Re: Where are graphics in templates?
                davidanders

Typically, only the graphics used are pasted into the database.

They often are jpegs, but could be picts, gifs or other graphic formats.

They are usually accessed in layout mode. Sometimes are in container fields.