2 Replies Latest reply on Nov 5, 2014 4:58 AM by gregdc

Where do I find out how to capture Summary level fields value

gregdc

Title

Where do I find out how to capture Summary level fields value

I feel I have seen this answer some place, but I can not figure out the right keywords to find it.

Here is what I want to do --  I have a multileveled summary report.   Level 1 is Fiscal Year, Level 2 is Location Group, Level 3 is Location. Each level shows a count of Sales.  I do not have a body in this report.   What I want is place a button at each Level.  When the button is clicked I want to go to a Layout that show the details of that level's sales.    So if the button on the 2013 Fiscal Year/Northeast/New York is clicked I want to go to a Detail Layout for that found set to display the Sales details.

I have tried the suggestion earlier given about the report that looked like a summary report but was a detail report that could then be "Opened up" to show lower level detail.  I am not talented enough to get that to work I am afraid.

So what I want to do is to "read" the values of the level the button is on, and use it in a Find Records script and then display the details on a separate layout.    But how do I "read" the level value?    Could you please point me to a source that would help me on this?

Thanks!

• 1. Re: Where do I find out how to capture Summary level fields value
          philmodjunk

The values that you refer to should be values that are the same for any record in that sub summary produced group of records.

So you can set up a script to copy the values from these fields in to variables, switch layouts, use the variables to perform a find and then you have what you have specified.

Set Variable [$Fyear ; value: YourTable::FiscalYear ]
          Set Variable [$LocationGroup ; value: YourTable::LocationGroup ]
          Set Variable [$Location ; value: YourTable::Location ]
          Go to layout ["specify a layout here based on the same table" (YourTable) ]
          Enter Find mode [] --> clear the pause check box
          Set Field [YourTable::FiscalYear ; $Fyear ]
          Set Field [YourTable::LocationGroup ; $LocationGroup ]
          Set Field [YourTable::Location ; $Location ]
          Perform Find[]
          For more scripted find examples, see this thread: Scripted Find Examples

• 2. Re: Where do I find out how to capture Summary level fields value
            gregdc

Phil, you have done it again!  That is exactly what I needed to see for this project.   I really appreciate the help you have been to me and a lot of other people on the forum!   

GregDC