AnsweredAssumed Answered

Where do I find out how to capture Summary level fields value

Question asked by gregdc on Nov 4, 2014
Latest reply on Nov 5, 2014 by gregdc

Title

Where do I find out how to capture Summary level fields value

I feel I have seen this answer some place, but I can not figure out the right keywords to find it.

Here is what I want to do --  I have a multileveled summary report.   Level 1 is Fiscal Year, Level 2 is Location Group, Level 3 is Location. Each level shows a count of Sales.  I do not have a body in this report.   What I want is place a button at each Level.  When the button is clicked I want to go to a Layout that show the details of that level's sales.    So if the button on the 2013 Fiscal Year/Northeast/New York is clicked I want to go to a Detail Layout for that found set to display the Sales details.

I have tried the suggestion earlier given about the report that looked like a summary report but was a detail report that could then be "Opened up" to show lower level detail.  I am not talented enough to get that to work I am afraid.

So what I want to do is to "read" the values of the level the button is on, and use it in a Find Records script and then display the details on a separate layout.    But how do I "read" the level value?    Could you please point me to a source that would help me on this?

Thanks!

Outcomes