1 Reply Latest reply on Apr 26, 2013 10:23 AM by philmodjunk

Where do I find the script for generating a printout?

StephanKrasner_1

Title

Where do I find the script for generating a printout?

I have been learning filemaker by reverse engineering the Invoices starter solution. I am stuck at two points.

Point 1:

In the Invoice Detail layout there is a button to print. This button initiates a script called "Print Invoice". I can see how this script pulls the information, but I cannot understand how the output is formatted. Ultimately I would like to know how to change how the output looks and what information is included in the finished output.

Point 2:

In the Customer Detail layout, the field "Invoice Label Plural" is called up. The calculation performed by that field is: If ( Purchase Order Number | All = 1 ; "Invoice" ; "Invoices" )

I would like to know what this script is doing and what field or table is is doing and how it formats the name Invoices in that space.

• 1. Re: Where do I find the script for generating a printout?
          philmodjunk

1) if you open manage | scripts, you can find and open the Print Invoice script. It changes to a different layout and the design of that different layout is why the printed invoice looks different from the data entry screen, for one thing it uses a list view layout based on the "invoice data" or "line items" table instead of printing from invoices with a portal.

2) This is not a script. It's a calculation field. It simply changes the text returned from singular to plural based on the value in the field.