3 Replies Latest reply on Jan 11, 2012 12:49 AM by Sorbsbuster

Where do i start new page numbers in part setup

weedonpaul

Title

Where do i start new page numbers in part setup

I have a report layout (see part Set up) I had start page numbers after each occurance ticked in the "subsummary by company (leading)" part, but for each company the page numbers go 1,1,2,3,4,5...... No mater what i try i keep getting 2 page 1's I have grown to accept this but my boss hasn't and i don't think will ever settle for this please help.

Part_Set_Up.jpg

• 1. Re: Where do i start new page numbers in part setup
          Sorbsbuster

And you are absolutely certain that the first record isn't one for company [blank]?

• 2. Re: Where do i start new page numbers in part setup
            weedonpaul

using this part set up if I had 5 companies each with 5 pages (so 25 pages all together) the numbers would go 1,1,2,3,4,1,1,2,3,4,1,1,2,3,4,1,1,2.... if I tick the start numbers box in any other part i just get 1,1,1,1,1,1,1,.... 

it's confusing

• 3. Re: Where do i start new page numbers in part setup
              Sorbsbuster

I created a file with lists of 3 values.  When I set it to restart the page numbers AND to page break BEFORE every 1 occurance, I got:

1, 2, then 1, 1 then 1, 1

When I changed the page layout to be landscape (making more pages for each value) I got a different result from you:

1, 2, - 1, 1, 2, - 1, 1, 2

When I removed the page break it counts correctly, with the 'old' page number series continuing if the first record of the page is the same as the last record of the previous page.  So, if the lists changes half way down the page it will restart the page number with the next page (the first one that starts with the next value.)  Although this seems a bit pointless, I would see it as 'correct'.

When I try the same tests with the page break set AFTER each occurance, it works correctly.

(No, me neither...)