1 Reply Latest reply on Jul 27, 2009 11:02 AM by TSGal

Where to get specific templates

OliverTimm

Title

Where to get specific templates

Hello,

is there any chance to find more ready made specific templates? I am new to this softwatre and don't have enough knowledge yet to create my own one but I need one urgently.

I need a template for guests in a hotel. So including all guest details and most importent fields where I can enter the individual special requests of a guest for example: Mr Bean wants always 2 bottles of Evian water upon arrival, his coffee everyday at 3pm in his room without asking for it etc. etc.

Can anybody help???

Thanks

• 1. Re: Where to get specific templates
          TSGal

Oliver Timm:

Thank you for your post.

FileMaker Pro does come with several starter solutions.  When you pull down the File menu and select "New Database", you will see many solutions.  There does exist a "Registration Tracking".  A description on our web site says, "Manage events and attendees. Link attendees to each event. Add tables to this template for printing badges, and manage hotel reservations."  It is also marked as "Advanced", while others are marked as either "New to FileMaker" or "Experienced FileMaker user", so you may have difficulty working with this. Please go to:

http://www.filemaker.com/solutions/starter_solutions_descript.html

... for a description of each of the starter solutions.

Doing a quick search in a web search engine, I found:

http://www.fileguru.com/apps/hotel_management_system_file_in_filemaker

I know nothing about these solutions, so you'll have to find out what works for you.  Also, if you run into any problems, it may be difficult to determine what is the problem if you are a new user to FileMaker Pro.

Good luck!

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc.