Which is Best Practice/More Efficient? Clone solution & Import data OR Update Matching Records+Add New
Routine A was:
1. Open solution and run a script that finds all records and DELETES found set, 65,000+ records.
2. Script then Performs import of text file, 65,000+ records.
3. Script then Creates a compacted copy of the solution (to remove the bloated file size).
4. I quit the solution and Copy the filename of the original solution.
5. Delete the original solution. Past the filename of the original solution onto the Compacted version.
Routine B currently is:
1. Manually Create a clone of my solution and close original solution.
2. Open the clone & run a modified version of the Routine A script (the FIND ALL / Delete Found set removed from script).
3. Steps 2-5 from Routine A