2 Replies Latest reply on Jun 17, 2014 11:31 AM by GFS

Which template best suits a recipe/cooking database?

GFS

Title

Which template best suits a recipe/cooking database?

FMPro 13 - which of the Starter Solutions would be best suited for converting into a recipe/cooking database?

I'm not looking for anything complex, but I would like to treat it a bit like a professional's database and have the cooking/preparation steps listed 1,2,3... etc.  Since I'm a food photographer, somewhere for a snap or two would be nice too. :)

Any opinions?

• 1. Re: Which template best suits a recipe/cooking database?
          philmodjunk

I don't think any of them will do what you require. I'd create my own from scratch unless some Forum member offers their own creation as a possible starting point for you to adapt this to your needs.

• 2. Re: Which template best suits a recipe/cooking database?
            GFS

Thanks Phil.

As ever this is just for me personally, and I thought I could save myself some work, because these templates seem to be very well done and I've never ever used one, going all the way back to FM7 or whenever they were first introduced.

(In my search here to see if anyone else had asked this question, I saw that you grew up on a farm with your mother making her own butter and that you like to cook.  Cool.  My reason for searching is because I've invested in a combination steam oven and finding myself totally, completely at sea on how to use it (and one and a half days of googling hasn't helped!! ... and neither has having spent 10 days working at the factory of the incredi- german manufacturer that invented it all! Well ... admittedly that helped quite a lot ... but when it comes down do it we're talking a minute here, a minute there, a percentage of humidity here a percentage there ... Ho hum.  Blooming amazing though.).