AnsweredAssumed Answered

White space in report when using sliding portal and grouping

Question asked by lijnbach on Jan 21, 2015
Latest reply on Jan 21, 2015 by lijnbach

Title

White space in report when using sliding portal and grouping

I have a report using a sliding portal in my report, and I also use 2 groupings (sub summaries)  in the report. It all works fine, accept I have a lot of white space in the report, sometimes half a page.

Normally I use the child table for the report and use the parent table for grouping in a sub summary part. In this case that is not possible, because I have a parent table, a child table and a grand child table.

In this case I have to use the child table and the parent table for the sub summary parts, and the child table in the body part, together with a portal for the grand child records. This is a sliding portal. As I mentioned, it works fine accept the enormous amount of blank space in the report.

I think FM is calculating upfront (before loading the next record) the maximum amount of space that might be needed, and takes the maximum size of space that could be needed.

I already searched on the forum, and found some threads, but not in combination with sliding portals and groups.

Someone familiair with this problem, and if so, is there a solution? (Using FMA 13)

Thanks in advance,

Hans Lijnbach.

Page_1.jpg

Outcomes