Did you also select "resize enclosing part" on all your sliding layout objects?
If you enter preview mode and use the "book control" to click through the previewed pages, do you get the same result?
I see space between the two fields on your screenshot. That space will remain even with the sliding and resizing. If the total "printable space" is even one pixel more than will fit on a page, even if it's blank space, you'll get a second blank page as part of your output.
Thanks, yes resize enclosing is ticked. Same result in preview mode, blank pages.
I thought that space might be an issue, I've even tried overlapping the two fields and making them a group that slides up. No improvement. I guess there isn't a way to choose "hide when printing if field is hidden"...
Any other ideas?
I wouldn't overlap them, just close up the space so that the top of one sliding field is nearly touching the bottom of the sliding field just above it.
Also be careful of any other objects on your layout that are next to or below your sliding fields. They also need to be set to "slide up/resize" or they will remain in their current position.
Key facts about sliding layout objects:
- It's only visible in preview mode and when you print/save as PDF...
- Sliding fields will shrink but not expand.
- All layout objects below and in the same layout part as the slide/resize field need to also be set to slide up and resize.
- Objects in headers and footers will not slide.
- Portals will shrink/slide to fit the number of rows of records, but fields within the portal row will not shrink/slide.
- Fields will slide up only if Top alignment is specified for it and will slide left only if Left alignment is specified.
- Consistent side borders are difficult to achieve with sliding fields.
- In FMP13, hidden objects (”Hide object when”) will slide/resize.