5 Replies Latest reply on Jul 30, 2014 10:08 AM by philmodjunk

why cant I paste to forum post?? frustrated

shae1725

Title

why cant I paste to forum post?? frustrated

Is it just me that's having problems pasting basic text to this forum?

• 1. Re: why cant I paste to forum post?? frustrated
          philmodjunk

I paste to the forum hundreds of times each day with no trouble. There was a period of time yesterday when RightNow tried to make changes and royally screwed everything up, but it's working OK now.

What OS and browser are you using? Perhaps the issue is specific to your combination of the two.

Try clearing the Browser Cache, maybe yesterday's debacle left some artifact behind in your browser cache.

• 2. Re: why cant I paste to forum post?? frustrated
            shae1725

to be honest I have always been having problems

using windows 7  explorer 11

• 3. Re: why cant I paste to forum post?? frustrated
              nihmbrisby

I also can not right click paste.  However if I use hotkeys it works.  The error message if I use the forums 'custom' right click paste:

Because of your browser security settings, the editor is not able to access your clipboard data directly. You are required to paste it again in this window.

Please paste inside the following box using the keyboard (Ctrl/Cmd+V) and hit OK

This forum is ridiculous.  None of the rich formatting option display in posts, even though they display in the editor.  And while I'm sure there's a perfectly good reason why it's my fault (it always is with computers), I've never had these issues with any another forum.  Not to mention the fact that I always have to copy my post in case my post is lost during the submission process (though that has happened to me much less frequently of late.  

OSX mavericks / chrome

Though none of these comments should reflect on the many helpful users on the forums :)

Edit: lol- case in point- the text with the grey box above appears perfect in editor, but is totally mangled on the forums.

• 4. Re: why cant I paste to forum post?? frustrated
                shae1725

Got to agree I have no issues with other forums either when it comes to pasting.

BUT I did just use the Chrome browser to post a question and was successful :)

• 5. Re: why cant I paste to forum post?? frustrated
                  philmodjunk

I use FireFox in Windows 7 (Came to loathe Explorer when trying to use earlier versions with this forum) and like Nihm reports, the right click option pops up an extra dialog, but I'm so used to using ctrl-V that this doesn't affect what I do here.