AnsweredAssumed Answered

Why do I get a New window

Question asked by robrsla1 on Feb 1, 2010
Latest reply on Feb 2, 2010 by philmodjunk

Title

Why do I get a New window

I'm new to Fm and using Fm pro advance 10. I am using BPS-template as a starting place for our office database. I hope to make this database available over our network to the four people in our office. We do not publish anything on the web. We are in house only and using windows vista and a unix server.

The problem I'm having right now is I'm trying to write a script / scripts that can allow me to jump back and forth between the contacts modual and projects and tasks modual. the template has a projects file that contains two tables projects and tasks and a contacts file that hosts our client data. the template's relationships were over my head and based on a contact/ task relationship when what I need is a contact / project relationship and a project task relationship but not necessarily a task/ contact relationship.

I created a direct relationship between projets and contacts via Contacts_Id field. I want to be able to create a project in the project table and assign it to a client. that works fine. ( new project look up client data via contact_ID, great)) but if i jump to the related client via my script the realted contact shows inthe contacts file but I'm not taken to it I have to change over to the contacts window. Why??  I just want to be able to go to the clients data in the contacts file and back to the projects data in the projects file with a button. 

my scripts look like this 

goto related rocord [from table: "contacts"; external; using layout<current layout>]

and 

goto relatedrecord[table:projects 2"; External;using layout: "form view- projects" (projects)]

why can't I "jump" ??

Outcomes