AnsweredAssumed Answered

Why Does Script Not Populate Field?

Question asked by ManjitSandhu on Mar 26, 2015
Latest reply on Mar 27, 2015 by ManjitSandhu

Title

Why Does Script Not Populate Field?

OK, so in my ongoing support of this application, I've been asked to make a change to populate a field based on previously selected item. It seemed straightforward, and as far as i can tell, I have done everything right, but the field will not accept the new value.

So on the field that triggers the update, I've added the following script to the ObjectModify event:
Set Error Capture [On]
// Show Custom Dialog["Source Field"; Client_SCHEME::d_Oracle_Code]
Set Field[Client_Activity_SCHEME::d_Oracle_Code;Client_SCHEME::d_Oracle_Code]
// Show Custom Dialog["Target Field"; Client_Activity_SCHEME::d_Oracle_Code]

If I enable both 'Show Custom Dialog' lines, I get a result for the first one, but the second one remains blank.

The target field (Client_Activity_SCHEME::d_Oracle_Code) is an indexed text field, so I can't see why it won't populate. The properties for the target field on the layout are Edit Box with Browse mode unticked, and 'Display Data From' is set to Client_Activity_SCHEME::d_Oracle_Code.

With Script debugging on, the script runs, the messages show, first with a result, second with nothing, but that's it. I know it's not going to be obvious from what I have given, but wanted to make sure it's not something obvious to a novice like me!

Thanks

Martin

Outcomes