Did you select the "show only related" option in the Go To Related Records script step?
Yes, I tried it both ways.
Show only, with Go To Related Records is the option you want here. If it isn't working something else isn't set up correctly.
If you put a portal to Estimates on your project table (as a temporary test), what do you get? Just the one related record or all three?
You may need to post your script here so that others can see it.
To post a script to the forum:
- You can upload a screen shot of your script by clicking the edit link to your original message and uploading it there
- You can upload a screen shot to a file share site and post the download link to a new response you post here.
- You can print a script to a PDF, open the PDF and then select and copy the script as text from the opened PDF.
- If You have FileMaker advanced, you can generate a database design report and copy the script as text from there.
- If you paste a text form of the script, you can use the Script Pretty box in the Known Bugs List database to paste a version that is single spaced and indented for a more professional look to your script.
The context of the related record is probably the same as the portal. Try creating a table occurance of your estemiates table and linking it to your estimates table by estimate id.
Then in your Go to related record select the new Table Occurance as your from table and see if that doesnt solve your problem.
I suggested the portal as a temporary test to confirm that there is a valid relationship to use with Go To Related Records. If the portal lists all three records, then script and relationship are valid, they just aren't set up to work the way our OP expects. If it displays just the one record, then likely there is a problem with the script or possibly a layout level script trigger.
Yeah I always thought that putting a go to related in the portal took you to exactly that record and the show only would show only that 1 row.