1 Reply Latest reply on Jun 11, 2014 1:46 PM by philmodjunk

Why does this calculate this way?

Kirk_1

Title

Why does this calculate this way?

I have this auto enter calculation for this field.

(DInsuranceMultiplier/100)

If i put in 38 by hand, it calculates to .38.

I am taking the info and coping it to other records. When i put it in with a memory variable... GetAsNumber ( Discounts::DInsuranceMultiplier * 100)...

It calculates to .0038 or double dips it. Why?

• 1. Re: Why does this calculate this way?
          philmodjunk

When i put it in with a memory variable...

Does that mean that this is a script step? If so, please post the actual script.

In the auto-enter expression:

DInsuranceMultiplier/100

does DInsuranceMultiplier refer to the same field that has this auto-enter calculation or does it refer to a different field?

And is the "do not replace existing value" check box selected or cleared?

To post a script to the forum:

1.           You can upload a screen shot of your script by using the Upload an Image controls located just below Post a New Answer.
          3.           You can print a script to a PDF, open the PDF and then select and copy the script as text from the opened PDF to your clipboard for pasting here. (with this approach, you can get multiple script steps on the same line, please edit the pasted text by inserting some returns to separate those steps.)
          5.           If You have FileMaker Advanced, you can generate a database design report and copy the script as text from there.
          7.           If you paste a text form of the script, you can use the Script Pretty box in the Known Bugs List database to paste a version that is single spaced and indented for a more professional and easier to read format.