9 Replies Latest reply on May 29, 2012 10:09 AM by philmodjunk

Why Range is not working when used in Perform Find script action?

fabiuz

Title

Why Range is not working when used in Perform Find script action?

Hi,

I have a table with two numeric fields: latitude and longitude .

What I want to do is to get all records that are included in some "geographical ranges".

So I made a script that creates four variables: $max_latitude $min_latitude $max_longitute $min_longitude, then I call the action "Perform Find" and I create a New Find Request where I select the latitude field and I do specify the criteria: $min_latitude ... $max_latitude . I add such criteria than I select the longitute field and I set the criteria: $min_longitude ... $max_longitude. I add such condition too, I save the script and I run it.

I should get only the records that have latitude and longitude inside my ranges but I get all the records that have latitude and longitute set.

So I have changed the find request by removing the Range operator and I Just set the >= operator to find all records that have latitude >= of $min_latitude and longitde >= to $min_longitude.

In this way things are working, is seems that the Range operator does have troubles instead.

I didn't find any solution to the problem.

Shoud Range operator work too or is the only solution to enter Find Mode, use SetFields two times and then use the Perform Find action?

Can anybody explain me what could be wrong here?

thanks!