6 Replies Latest reply on Feb 11, 2011 9:29 AM by jhsidoc

Wierd layout issue

jhsidoc

Title

Wierd layout issue

Attached is a screenshot of my layout. I am trying to have all the fields match but for some reason the fields on the right even though they are set to style=engraved, some of them appear to have a drop shadow or perhaps are embossed. I tried selecting them all and setting the Appearence>effect to engraved but nothing changes. Even if I set the effect to None, they still seem to have the drop shadow. What am I missing?

Thanks, Jan

FMPro.jpg

• 1. Re: Wierd layout issue
          c.wagner1

I think your fields have diferent boarder settings.  While in layout mode try selecting a field and going to Format -> Field/Control -> Borders... and seting all 4 borders to off.  I think that will fix your problem.

Chris

• 2. Re: Wierd layout issue
            jhsidoc

OK, I tried that and it didn't help. I went back and now I see that the fields that have the drop down are thos that have a Data>Control Style=Pop-up menu. If I change from pop-up menu to text box the drop shadow border goes away. Is there any way to change that behavior?

Thanks

• 3. Re: Wierd layout issue
              philmodjunk

Pop up menus trap you into that "drop shadow" effect. You have to work at it to avoid that effect. Simplest method I know of is to set either the line width to zero or the line pattern to transparent so that the field does not have a visible border. Then use the rectangle tool to draw rectangle around the field to give it what appears to be a visible, simple rectangle border.

• 4. Re: Wierd layout issue
                jhsidoc

I guess I could also use a drop-down menu instead. Not really sure what the difference is but it seems to clear up the drop shadow issue. What is the difference in functionality?

• 5. Re: Wierd layout issue
                  philmodjunk

Drop down lists permit you to enter data directly into the field by typing in addition to selecting a value from the list with your mouse.

With some value lists, you can have two columns of data in the list (Typically an ID number in column 1 and a name in column 2), and you can hide the first column of data from view. In those cases, a popup menu will show the value from the second column when you exit the field, but the drop down list will show the value from the first column.

• 6. Re: Wierd layout issue
                    jhsidoc

Thanks Phil