4 Replies Latest reply on Mar 8, 2012 1:16 PM by willrollo

window adjustment

Title

window adjustment

Is there anyway I can set filemaker to automatically adjust every layout on entry, to be the optimum size? Do i have to do script triggers on each one?

• 1. Re: window adjustment
          philmodjunk

And how would the script know what size is optimum? A size specified in a table of records with one record for each user? or for each layout? The max size of your monitor?

All such approaches are possible, it depends on the design of your layouts and what monitors you will be using to determine which option is best.

• 2. Re: window adjustment

Hi Phil

I have two different types of layout. One is a standard form view and I want the window to be the size of the layout (limited by the objects on the layout I would have thought..?). The other is a list view where the layout is the same width as the other form view layouts but obviously will be the height of the desktop or less if there are only a few records. Does this make any sense? If I use the adjust (resize to fit) layout script as a trigger it works fine, but didnt want to manually add this to each layout's script trigger..

• 3. Re: window adjustment
              philmodjunk

If I use the adjust (resize to fit) layout script as a trigger it works fine, but didnt want to manually add this to each layout's script trigger..

I don't see how else you could resize your windows unless you do that each time you access the layout and also each time you modify the found set.

• 4. Re: window adjustment

That solves that one then! Jsut thought there might be a quicker way..Thank you