3 Replies Latest reply on Jan 19, 2009 9:27 AM by TSGal

Windows XP Service Pack 3

PeachLaser

Title

Windows XP Service Pack 3

We have a custom solution built in FM 6 with installer. The solution has been installed on thousands of computers with no problem and has worked flawlessly for almost five years. Now, in the past few weeks, we have had installation problems and, so far, Windows XP Service Pack 3 seems to be the only thing that is new and changed.

Has anyone else run into this and anyone have any helpful suggestions?

Thanks! 

• 1. Re: Windows XP Service Pack 3
          rmanook

Hi PeachLaser,

Thanks for posting.

In terms of compatibility, unfortunately FM 6 has not been tested or certified for use with Win XP sp3.  I'm sorry I can not be of more help, but I just wanted to shed some light on the issue in terms of the software.

Hopefully we have other users who use this configuration and can help out?

Thanks guys!

tsturtle

FileMaker, Inc. 

• 2. Re: Windows XP Service Pack 3
            ksimmons_1
               How can I get FMPro 8.5 to work with Microsoft Windows XP SP3??  It will not take the username and passwords.
            • 3. Re: Windows XP Service Pack 3
              TSGal

ksimmons:

Thank you for your post.

I just installed FileMaker Pro 8.5 on my Dell running Windows X SP3.  This is what I did after installation.

1. I create a database (Test.fp7) with two fields (Last Name, First Name).

2. I created a password "Master" for full access.

3. I created a password "Sub" for read only access.

4. I opened "File Options" from the File menu and turned off "Log in using:". 

5. I closed the file and reopened it.  I entered the "Master" password and I had full access.

6. I closed the file and reopened it.  I entered the "Sub" password and I had read only access.

If I'm missing a step, please let me know.  If you are doing the same thing, then I would uninstall and reinstall FileMaker Pro and try again.

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc.