Thanks for posting.
In terms of compatibility, unfortunately FM 6 has not been tested or certified for use with Win XP sp3. I'm sorry I can not be of more help, but I just wanted to shed some light on the issue in terms of the software.
Hopefully we have other users who use this configuration and can help out?
How can I get FMPro 8.5 to work with Microsoft Windows XP SP3?? It will not take the username and passwords.
Thank you for your post.
I just installed FileMaker Pro 8.5 on my Dell running Windows X SP3. This is what I did after installation.
1. I create a database (Test.fp7) with two fields (Last Name, First Name).
2. I created a password "Master" for full access.
3. I created a password "Sub" for read only access.
4. I opened "File Options" from the File menu and turned off "Log in using:".
5. I closed the file and reopened it. I entered the "Master" password and I had full access.
6. I closed the file and reopened it. I entered the "Sub" password and I had read only access.
If I'm missing a step, please let me know. If you are doing the same thing, then I would uninstall and reinstall FileMaker Pro and try again.