3 Replies Latest reply on Oct 5, 2010 1:14 PM by philmodjunk

word document / layout

LouParkinson

Title

word document / layout

Can anyone tell me how to put a word document (a letter) into a layout?  I am using FMpro 10 v3.0. Thanks

• 1. Re: word document / layout
          philmodjunk

You can insert files such as a word document into a container field. If this is a one page document, you can size the container field to be a full page in size and the first page will be displayed in the layout.

Use the Insert Object | create object from file method to insert the file as an object if you want to see the first page of the document file instead of just a file icon.

• 2. Re: word document / layout
            LouParkinson

I have tried to do this but in the "insert" drop down menu there is only insert "graphic object" and still does not help. Am I missing something? I am using a Mac does this make a difference?

• 3. Re: word document / layout
              philmodjunk

Could be. I'm on windows. Insert Object supports OLE (Object linking and embedding)--which is a Windows feature.

You might try using a web viewer for this. Just as a web browser can be set to open a file. You can set a Web Viewer to open and display a file using the same syntax.