4 Replies Latest reply on Dec 12, 2008 9:23 AM by tcollins02

Word object import

tcollins02

Title

Word object import

I hope someone can help. I have a customer with filemake 5.0. When I import a word document into their existing layout it distortes the document so some of the letter overlap and you cant read it.  The document has specific fonts in the header and is protected so I cant change the word document. It is in the header part that it does it.  It is replacing an existing object that is similar and that one looks ok. But I cannot get this to layout OK.  I have tried filmaker 9 and it does the same thing.  Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks

• 1. Re: Word object import
          TSGal

tcollins02:

Thank you for your post.

Remember that Word has its own type of formatting, so when you bring that into FileMaker Pro, it may not understand what Word is trying to do.  What you may want to try is copy the document to the clipboard and then paste into the FileMaker Pro field or layout.  This will probably give a better representation.

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc. 

• 2. Re: Word object import
            tcollins02
               Thanks for the quick response.  I don't have the capability to do a copy and paste. It is one of those legal documents that is protected and you cannot modify or copy.  I have a feeling that is really the issue. But thought their might be a work around I have not found yet.
            • 3. Re: Word object import
              TSGal

tcollins02:

Thanks for the clarification.

Is it possible you can have the document saved as a PDF?  That way, you could then bring the document in as a graphic with all the formatting.

Does anybody else have a good workaround?

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc. 

• 4. Re: Word object import
                tcollins02

Yes I tried that too, but the quality turned out to be terrible.  Thanks for the thought