3 Replies Latest reply on Sep 2, 2014 10:21 AM by philmodjunk

Work with busy dates

sytem.engineering@gmail.com

Title

Work with busy dates

Hello Everyone!

I am working with a booking table and a season table. Each season either low, medium or high has a start and end date.

When I do a reservation and I write the start date of the booking, I want that the name of the season appear automatically.

For example: High season: start date 01/01/2015, end date 07/31/2015. If I book on 02/13/2015 corresponds to the high season, so I want that the words "High Season" appear in the field "Season".

On the other hand, I have a discount field in the seasons table. But the discount is only applied if there are not rented apartments.

For example: There are 4 apartments but none is rented for 02/13/2015, then the discount is total income minus total * discount (the seasons table) / 100. But if at least 1 apartment is rented the discount is 0. 

This can be done?

Thanks in advance

• 1. Re: Work with busy dates
          philmodjunk

This can all be done, but it's difficult to go into detail without more detailed information from you.

Are the seasons strictly identified by the month of the year? Is there event the slightest chance that a "season" might need to be defined to be a different set of months in the future?

An unstored calculation field can use the Month function to extract the month from the reservation date and use it either as a match field in a relationship or in a case function to return the text that you want. (Using it via a relationship makes it simple to change the range of dates that define a given season from year to year...)

And your discount calculation is definitely possible, but how you implement it will depend on what tables and relationships you have set up to manage the reservations made for each apartment.

• 2. Re: Work with busy dates
            sytem.engineering@gmail.com

Yes the seasons are identified by the month of the year because I don´t know how to define them in the future. I have the next relations but if I make the relation between start date, end date (in season) and date check in (in booking), the solution doesn´t work like I want. I want that when I choose the date check in automatically appear the name of the season but for example I can have High Season Maderas and High Season Santiago, so also I need to chose the name of the Condo to acquire the season and its rates.

• 3. Re: Work with busy dates
              philmodjunk

Month ( dateField ) will return the number representing the month.

This can be placed in a calculation field that is used as a match field to a table of seasons.

A second match field can identify the condo and thus the two in combination can be used to match to the "season" record for the specified month falling in a range of month values for that season.

The relationship might look something like this:

Reservations::cMonth > Seasons::MonthStart AND
              Rservations::cMonth < Seasons::MonthEnd AND
              Reservations::_fkRentalUnitID = Seasons::_rkRentalUnitID