0 Replies Latest reply on Nov 12, 2014 4:54 PM by mikedr

Working a few hours a day over two weeks, my FileMaker solution is 98% done!

mikedr

Title

Working a few hours a day over two weeks, my FileMaker solution is 98% done!

I'm just incredibly impressed with this program.  I have no formal programming experience, although I dabbled a long long while ago.  After hiring a paralegal earlier this year, it became clear that managing our legal docket in a spreadsheet was no longer viable.

The sum total of FM training I did was watch the 8 minute tutorial on the video.  Then I got to work.  There's a lot of DB relationships going on (each of my corporate clients organizes things a bit differently), and I wanted functionality like sending emails from FM, and opening third party programs (PathFinder, TotalFinder) using the solution (with an assist via AppleScript).

Today it's basically done.  I want to go through the layouts again and make sure some validation rules are set up, but everything works perfectly.  I'm happy; my paralegal is perhaps happier.

I even had enough time to add a "show a minion" button (click on it, and it shows a minion from Despicable Me), because every legal docketing solution needs such a button.

image.jpg