4 Replies Latest reply on Feb 11, 2010 3:55 PM by shazaam

Working with 2 Tables

shazaam

Title

Working with 2 Tables

I am in the automobile industry and want to put together a database that I can keep track of

potential clients and their particular wants. i.e., Black BMW, 207-2008, 328i, Auto, Sport, Prem, Xen.

Now, when this car is entered into my inventory listing (using another table in Filemaker), I want

it to recognize that a client is looking for that exact vehicle and it will give me the details on the car

and the client's info.

I've already made a table for both.

• 1. Re: Working with 2 Tables
          davidanders

It may be useful to explain your table design.

You have a client database (table) that has a desire (client::want)

You have an inventory database (table) that has a have (inventory:: have)

You want to match your client::want to your inventory::have

Is this close to your setup? 

• 2. Re: Working with 2 Tables
            shazaam
               Yes it is.
            • 3. Re: Working with 2 Tables
              davidanders

"Yes it is."

Umm, this is less than an useful description of your table layout. 

• 4. Re: Working with 2 Tables
                shazaam

My customer table consists of several fields:                             And the inventory table consists of these:

Name                                                                                 Year

Address                                                                              Make

Phone #                                                                             Model

Date                                                                                  Ext Color

Time                                                                                  Int Color

Options

Year                                                                                                                                 

Make

Model

Ext Color

Int Color

Options