8 Replies Latest reply on Apr 25, 2013 1:22 PM by michaelmoon

Working With Drop downs and multiple fields per record.

michaelmoon

Title

Working With Drop downs and multiple fields per record.

Hello,

I am using Filemaker 11 Pro, and i am stuck at a point in my database. I Have 2 tables i am working between. One is my Customer Instrument Database, and one is my Certification Sheet Database. I have the two layouts made and have everything that i need to auto populate from my customer database onto the Certification sheer.

What i am trying to do is to have a drop down list that shows each customers respective equipment, after the user selects the customer, it will have another drop down with the customers respective equipment(including serial numbers for the equipment and the Equipment ID,) and after they choose the piece of equipment it will have another drop down with each instrument that is attached to the piece of equipment(including serial numbers, Cal date, Re cal date, Make, Model, etc..)

So in other words i need my selection order to go like this, Customer > Equipment > Instruments. 

Im new to filemaker but have been working with it for the past 3 months and this is the only thing i am scratching my head about.

If anyone could lend some insight i would appreciate it!

Thanks

Michael