3 Replies Latest reply on Feb 24, 2012 7:37 AM by OmarRangel

Working with Reports

OmarRangel

Title

Working with Reports

I want to know how I can make an inform using two parameters 

Example I want to make an inform of all the invoices of customers using two parameters; date 1 and date 2... in a show custom dialog

• 1. Re: Working with Reports
          philmodjunk

"inform"?

I think you want to pop up a custom dialog, enter two dates and find all invoices where the sales date is within the specified date range.

If so:

Loop
             Show custom Dialog ["Enter a date range"] //specify two input fields, use date fields and specify global storage for both.
             If [ get ( LastMessageChoice ) = 2 // Cancel was clicked ]
                Exit script
             Else IF [ Not ( IsValid (YourTable::gDate1 ) And Isvalid ( YourTable::gDate2 ) ) //make sure valid dates were entered]
                Show Custom Dialog ["error: invalid date range"]
             Else
                 Exit Loop If [True  // valid dates were entered]
             End IF
          End Loop
          Enter Find Mode [] //clear the pause check box
          Set Field [YourTable::DateField ; YourTable::gdate1 & "..." & YourTable::gDate2]
          Set Error capture [on] //keeps dialog box from interrupting script if no records are found
          Perform Find []

Note: you must specify global storage for the two date fields: gDate1 and gDate2 in order for this script to work.

• 2. Re: Working with Reports
            OmarRangel

Thanks PhilModJunk

Let me try it.

• 3. Re: Working with Reports
              OmarRangel

I have everithing, but i need to open a my report that i created before gime me your e-mail to send you a pdf file how i want mi solution filemaker thanks.