3 Replies Latest reply on Nov 5, 2008 4:26 PM by davidhead

Working with web forms

sparrow

Title

Working with web forms

I am looking at buying filemaker and would like to know which version will work for me.  I am wanting to create a web form for customers to input data on and then pull this data into a program like filemaker.  Can this be done with the base version. 

I already own a domain and have web hosting for the company.  I don't have any sql back end but could add it.

Any ideas?

• 1. Re: Working with web forms
          TSGal

sparrow:

Thank you for your post.

The current version of FileMaker Pro allows you to share your files over the web through Instant Web Publishing, but that limits you to five users at a time.  You may want to take a look on our web site:

http://www.filemaker.com/products/fmp/connect.html

If you need more users to use the file, you will need FileMaker Server Advanced.

FileMaker Server Advanced also adds Custom Web Publishing with PHP.

Let me know if you need any additional information.

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc. 

• 2. Re: Working with web forms
            sparrow

I'm not wanting to share the files.  What I want is to have an online form for customers to fill in and have the informtion captured in filemaker.  Can this be done. 

• 3. Re: Working with web forms
              davidhead

TSGal wrote:

If you need more users to use the file, you will need FileMaker Server Advanced.

FileMaker Server Advanced also adds Custom Web Publishing with PHP.

Note that while FileMaker Server Advanced IS required for Instant Web Publishing, it is NOT required for Custom Web Publishing in version 9.