1 Reply Latest reply on Jan 11, 2012 11:25 AM by philmodjunk

would this be possible?

nader

Title

would this be possible?

Hello everyone,

I am new using FMpro10, I am trying to make a button that is multifunctional. when i press it, it set a value of the field as an item, then get the price of that item selcted from another table?

I have tried the script approach and value list approach, it just giving me the item's name and not the price from related table,

I did mnage to write a script using set field but in this way i have to write a script for every item, it is time consuming and when i want to change my prices it would cause a serious problem.

I have a table called products with product id, product name, product code, unit price

second table is my costumer table which is related to my product table (Product ID), I am using a portal table in my costumer layout and trying to make a button for each product which does the above functios when it is pressed

can anyone help please...

Thank you

• 1. Re: would this be possible?
          philmodjunk

I think you should look at this invoice demo file created by Comment and uploaded to a different Filemaker forum: http://fmforums.com/forum/showpost.php?post/309136/

This is a simple value list method that looks up product description and price when the user selects from a value list. Looked Up value field options copy information from a related products table.

If this doesn't work for you, please feel free to post back here with a more detailed description of your database and what you are trying to do.