AnsweredAssumed Answered

Would this be possible?

Question asked by TinaTorstensson on May 1, 2014
Latest reply on May 2, 2014 by TinaTorstensson

Title

Would this be possible?

Hi!

I've got a pretty extensive Excel document with genetic calculations, with lots of different calculations (on some sections it's in 16 000 rows across several hundred columns).

The answers in all these cells change depending on what I write into only 28 original cells. Once all the calculations are done by Excel, the resluting genotypes from the calculations will be presented in 1-16 cells. 

All I want now is for a program to convert the spreadsheets into a simple little program or web app or something where someone can change the content of the 28 original cells and immediately see the result in the 1-63 cells. Would FileMaker be able to do this?

Thing is, though, that this dokument has become so massive that when I try to insert any data in the 28 cells, Excel lags. I need a program that does all the calculations faster than Excel.

All the information that I want to be visible in the resulting program are the 28 cells and the 1-16 result cells. All the calculations should be run in the background by the program.

Would this be possible to create in FileMaker?

Sincerely,
Tina,
Sweden

Excel_spreadsheet.png

Outcomes