5 Replies Latest reply on Nov 1, 2013 7:37 AM by ChrisJohnston

Wrap lines of list?

ChrisJohnston

Title

Wrap lines of list?

If you have a return separated list how could you wrap each line like this?

Cat

Elephant

Woodpecker

Dog

Mongoose

To this

<wrap>Cat</wrap>

<wrap>Elephant</wrap>

<wrap>Woodpecker</wrap>

<wrap>Dog</wrap>

<wrap>Mongoose</wrap>

• 1. Re: Wrap lines of list?
          philmodjunk

Don't recognize what the HTML tag would do. Since the lines are one word long and just a few characters each, I don't see what change that would produce.

Do you want this?

Cat Elephant Woodpecker
               Dog Mongoose

If so, you can use a calculation with the substitute function to replace the returns with spaces.

• 2. Re: Wrap lines of list?
            ChrisJohnston

No I want to use with a plugin that produces an XML result that can make a file of type. A file of type means a specific to an application that I use with their file extension. Basically there is a plugin that can produce files with an extension. It can produce files that are of any type you give extensions to. The file extension you give it, can produce a file that opens in that specific application.

http://www.troi.com/software/fileplugin.html

My files internal contents has to be structured like this

<?xml version="1.0"?>

<button backcol="none" display="label" label_pos="right" textcol="none">

<label>TestAll</label>

<icon1>#newcommand</icon1>

<function type="batch">

<instruction>@echo off</instruction>

<instruction>chcp 1252 &gt; nul</instruction>

<instruction>C:</instruction>

<instruction>cd &quot;C:\Program Files (x86)\Mozilla Firefox&quot;</instruction>

<instruction>start firefox.exe {filepath}</instruction>

<instruction>cd &quot;C:\Program Files (x86)\Notepad++&quot;</instruction>

<instruction>start notepad++.exe {filepath}</instruction>

<instruction>cd &quot;C:\Program Files (x86)\Google\Chrome\Application&quot;</instruction>

<instruction>start chrome.exe {filepath}</instruction>

<instruction>cd &quot;C:\Program Files (x86)\Safari&quot;</instruction>

<instruction>start Safari.exe {filepath}</instruction>

<instruction>cd &quot;C:\Program Files (x86)\Internet Explorer&quot;</instruction>

<instruction>start iexplore.exe {filepath}</instruction>

</function>

</button>

So I can produce a file for a specific application that is XML structure inside of it. I just used <wrap> as a general word to see how it could possibly be done.

• 3. Re: Wrap lines of list?
              philmodjunk

"<wrap"> & Substitute ( ListField ; ¶ " <\wrap>¶<wrap>" ) & "<\wrap>"

• 4. Re: Wrap lines of list?
                ChrisJohnston

The header and footer I can just produce to concatenate with the meat (originally generated from content in FileMaker) is what I have to wrap with things like tags and other words. I have lists that will get wrapped.

• 5. Re: Wrap lines of list?
                  ChrisJohnston

Modified a little it works.  Did not know you can put ¶ in calculation not in "". Thanks

"<wrap>" & Substitute ( ListField ; ¶ ; "</wrap>" & ¶ & "<wrap>" ) & "</wrap>"