1 Reply Latest reply on Aug 14, 2011 6:56 AM by disabled_menno

XML export settings

JessicaFiorini

Title

XML export settings

Hello,

I have a question relating to xml exporting settings / functions. I have a main table called "Lessons" and two related tables called "File Usage" and "Season." The Lesson table contains the permanent features of individual educational lessons. The related tables track when the file was used (seasons) and how the file was used (file usage), it can be used in multiple ways. I am using an stylesheet provided to me by my company's engineer.

The question is this: How do I export an xml file that lists every file use for each related lesson as seperate entries? For example: Lesson 1 is used under LPID (internal lesson rating)6 and 9 for the spring season or 2011. How do I export an xml file that will have the entries: Lesson 1, LPID 6 and Lesson 1, LPID 9? Is this something I can do on my end or do I ask the engineer to make a script that recognizes each LPID (rating) as unique and auto-generates the duplicate info?

• 1. Re: XML export settings

You should export the entries from the table "File Usage" together with the related information from "Lessons" and "Seasons" in a single export.

You may need to change the stylesheet, but that should be an easy job since each "Usage" can only be linked to one "Lesson" and one "Seasson" at a time. (There is no need for extra templates that need to be called with for-each-loops from within the main template.)

regards, Menno