5 Replies Latest reply on Aug 7, 2013 10:07 AM by philmodjunk

year(get(currentdate)

hrcap

Title

year(get(currentdate)

Evening All

I currently have an auto enter calculation that ensures carried out a check on the year entered to ensure that it is not longer that 10 years ago and is not higher than the current year.

How would i add to this script so that it automatically enters in the current year? I still want the script below to work just in case the user enters in a year that is different to the current year.

Many Thanks

Hadleigh

Let(

@Numbers = GetAsNumber( TextFormatRemove (Filter(Self; "0123456789")));

Case(

@Numbers   <  Year(Get(CurrentDate)) - 10 or //checks that the year entered is not over 10 years ago
           @Numbers    >   Year(Get(CurrentDate))  ;  //checks that the year entered is not higher than the current year

TextColor ( Self ; RGB(255; 0; 0)) ;

@Numbers

)

)

• 1. Re: year(get(currentdate)
          philmodjunk

Why not use this auto-enter calculation?

Year ( Get ( CurrentYear ) )

And not have the user enter this data at all?

• 2. Re: year(get(currentdate)
            hrcap

Hi Phil

I need the above script in place just in case the user is entering historic data, i.e the user maybe entering from a previous year.

I need the script to first off enter the current year 

and then carry out the checks as identified in my above script just incase the user changes the year

Any help combining the two scripts would be appreciated

cheers

Hadleigh

• 3. Re: year(get(currentdate)
              philmodjunk

First, this is not a script, it's a calculation. Scripts are created via Manage | Scripts. This is created in the specify calculation dialog box.

If I understand you correctly, you want any year entered that is a future year or more than 10 years in the past to be automatically replaced with the current year?

If that's what you want, you are almost there;

Let(

@Numbers = GetAsNumber( TextFormatRemove (Filter(Self; "0123456789")));

Case(

@Numbers   <  Year(Get(CurrentDate)) - 10 or //checks that the year entered is not over 10 years ago
                   @Numbers    >   Year(Get(CurrentDate))  ;  //checks that the year entered is not higher than the current year

TextColor ( Year ( Get ( CurrentDate ) ) ; RGB(255; 0; 0)) ;

@Numbers

)

)

Another option is to use the OnObjectValidate script trigger to perform a script that checks the range and then pops up a message notifying the user of the auto-correction with an option to return and try again if this year is not the value that they should be entering.

• 4. Re: year(get(currentdate)
                hrcap

Thanks PhPhilip ended up using year(get(currentdate)) in the script that opened the new record layout to set the year field to the current year.

many thanks

Hadleigh

• 5. Re: year(get(currentdate)
                  philmodjunk

Which does exactly what my original suggestion would have done. Auto-entered calculations, as long as the "Do not replace..." option is selected, will enter an initial value when the record is created, but then the user can edit the value to change the "default" value thus entered.