AnsweredAssumed Answered

Calculate response times for events that occur during certain events

Question asked by KimB on Feb 7, 2015
Latest reply on Feb 24, 2015 by KimB

Title

Calculate response times for events that occur during certain events

I have 2 tables: CFS and IVC.  I am trying to determine response times for each call in CFS that occurs within a time frame of each call in IVC.  The times are set up as timestamps (mm/dd/yyyy hh:mm:ss - CFS....but mm/dd/yyyy hh:mm - IVC).  Then, I need to calculate the average response times during those specific time frames of each IVC.

First, I have no idea how to even relate the 2 tables because this is basically a temporal comparison between the 2 tables.  These are the fields:

IVC
call_numberivc_serv_date_timecomp_date_time
 STARTEND

CFS
call_numbertime_disptime_onsresptime_disp2ons
 STARTEND                

=END-START

Second, although both tables have the same field, call_number, not every call_number in IVC is in CFS. 

For some reason, I just cannot wrap my head around this.  I am familiar with MS Access but own a Mac, so I got FM Pro Adv 13...and here I am.

Advice? Tips? Hold my hand and walk me through it? :)  Thanks in advance!

Outcomes