AnsweredAssumed Answered

Copying fields between Tabbed Panels

Question asked by CoolGerry on Nov 22, 2009
Latest reply on Dec 18, 2009 by TSGal

Title

Copying fields between Tabbed Panels

First Posting experience.  I have searched the message board and not found anything that fits my problem, so here goes.

I am working in FM Pro 10 in a Windows XP environment.  I practically know nothing about creating scripts.

The first entry to the database will be at Contact Names.  The first Tab is called Contacts and it is on this tab panel that the

relevant contact information will be entered.  However, Contacts may also be a Donor, a Volunteer, a Sponsor or a

Subscriber.  A Contact may be one or more of these categories. So, I have set up a Tabbed Panel for each of these categories

with similar fields as found on the Contact Tab.  

I would like to be able to 'Click a Button' on the first Contact Panel that results in the contact information being copied over to

the Donation panel, if the contact becomes a donor.  If they also become a Subscriber, then a similar script would copy the

data over to the Subscriber panel.

I have found recommendations to use Set Field but when trying this, the value looks to access another layout.  Given that I

am using a panel approach, the option to select the destination is not available.  

Hope I am making sense here.  If not, please ask any questions!

Many thanks!

Gerry

Outcomes