AnsweredAssumed Answered

Copying individual records b/t databases, organizing by type [using buttons]

Question asked by dman6332 on Oct 20, 2009
Latest reply on Oct 21, 2009 by philmodjunk

Title

Copying individual records b/t databases, organizing by type [using buttons]

<Edit> I forgot to add that I'm using Filemaker Pro Advanced 10.<Edit>

I've combed the forums and the support section, and nothing pops out at me as a solution to my problem, so here goes:

I am building a submissions database for the production company I work for. I have built a database, called Submissions, into which all of the data of every script/project the company has will be entered.  I need to build a separate database called the Weekend Read, which will only contain the projects which the company currently has in consideration or active.

What I am trying to do is create a button that, when pressed, would export a single record from the Submissions database and send it to the Weekend Read database. Then I would like to create a button in the Weekend Read that would delete that single record when the company is done with it.  This way, when one of my bosses asks to, say, move a project to Active Development from Paused Development, I can just go to the record, click a button, and be done with it.  Then, on Friday, everything is already neatly organized for printing.  Please help!

PS. is there a way to do this without creating a separate database? (like making multiple layouts on a single database and restricting what data appears in each layout)

Outcomes