1 Reply Latest reply on Oct 22, 2009 1:49 PM by TSGal

Label Printing

jhires

Title

Label Printing

Hello,

In one of my FileMaker 8.5 databases, I print 4 x 6 labels using a Zebra 2844 label printer. I have had no problem with it, until recently. My old label printer has been replaced with a Zebra ZP 450, and now when I am on the Print Preview mode, the page size is much larger than my labels. Everything below the bottom of the physical label is getting cut off, not going to the next label like it is supposed to (like it used to). I've been in Print Setup a hundred times, changed label sizes, etc. with no success.

I also think it is strange that with any other printer, I can see the grayed out areas on the sides showing the print margins, and with this new label printer, that does not happen.

Using FileMaker 8.5v2 on Windows XP Professional and Windows Server 2003.

Thanks! 

• 1. Re: Label Printing
          TSGal

jhires:

Thank you for your post.

It's difficult to determine why this is not working correctly.  First, make sure you install the appropriate print driver with the Zebra ZP 450.  If you are using the 2844 driver, it may not be compatible.

Try creating a new label layout (do not duplicate).  Add a couple of fields for testing purposes and go into Preview mode.  Does this appear correctly?

In Print Setup, make sure the printing is set to 100%.  Most importantly, make sure you have the correct Paper size.

Let me know if you continue to have difficulty.

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc.