2 Replies Latest reply on Sep 13, 2013 8:15 AM by philmodjunk

Label tot update from Text Box input

StevenChurch

Title

Label tot update from Text Box input

Hi All, 

I have been looking at the Demo COntact Database and I can see when you add a new contact that the first and last name is placed into a label at the top of the page,

How can I do this, I cant seem to see where this is done? There is no Script for it, No trigger.. Nothing, it just works, but if I copy and paste the layout to my database it doesnt.... Any idea? :) 

• 1. Re: Label tot update from Text Box input
          SteveMartino

It's usually a field with a calculation.  Go into Manage Database, select the fields tab, and the correct table.  Scroll down the fields and look for a field called "Contact Name Labels", or "Contact Name".  You're looking for a field that combines Last Name & First Name and/or Company Name as a calculation.

Also if you put the layout in Layout mode, you should see the label and what Table::Field it references.

Copy/Paste will only work if all Tables/fields referenced in the 'copy' side, match Tables/fields in the 'paste' side.

• 2. Re: Label tot update from Text Box input
            philmodjunk

The starter solutions that come with FileMaker 11 and 12 are not the same. Which version do you have? On what layout are you on when you see this label?