4 Replies Latest reply on Jul 30, 2014 9:29 AM by philmodjunk

Labels

RonaldAnderson

Title

Labels

When selecting a format I find that the only format available  is a three across that I don't want and although the Avery number 5163 it does not change.  I cannot get it to show anything other that the same format on any selection I make.  On my previous version it worked fine but on version 12 it has its own mind.  I tried using a custom label of 2" x 4" and still same problem.

• 1. Re: Labels
          RonaldAnderson

I finally did print some 2" x 4" labels but there is a missing step to the process.  When I go to select an AVIS number there is always a display of # 5160 showing all the dimensions.  When I select 5163 the display of dimensions remains the same and one would guess that there would be no point in going any further but I finally did go further and find that there was a change made to 5163 which is 2" x 4" .  Can anyone explain that to me.

I have been using former versions of Filemaker for years and never had that situation.  Am using Mac Mavric 10.9.4

• 2. Re: Labels
            philmodjunk

What you are describing should be "greyed out" when you select a label format by Avery number. This is a part of the form for specifying a custom label format by entering the needed measurements instead of specifying an avery number.

Just for grins, I compared what is shown from FileMaker 11 to what I see in Filemaker 13 on my Windows 7 system and see the exact same interface design once I get to the part where you select an Avery number or enter custom label measurements for your new layout.

• 3. Re: Labels
              RonaldAnderson

I have a RED face.  At 91 my memory plays tricks on me.  I also went back to the older computer and as you say It works exactly the same.

Thanks for setting me straight.

• 4. Re: Labels
                philmodjunk

Hey! 91 and you are designing databases? Awesome!