3 Replies Latest reply on Jun 9, 2010 7:58 AM by comment_1

Labels printing, quantity per page.

bracke

Title

Labels printing, quantity per page.

Im using FMP 11 on MAC OSX, Im a old user of FileMaker but a starter experienced developer.

Im working on a data base for my printing company that will have records with names, the amount of boxes per records and lot more stuff, what I want to create either using a script or maybe just by tricking FM is to make the labels taking in account the amount of boxes that i put in every record. For example, if i create a record that will have 4 boxes for shipping, when i print the labels, i will like FM to look into my box-count field and use that 4 to repeat 4 times that specific  label in my print out. The reason why i need it this way is because i print lots of orders at once and i cant do it one by one by just making 4 copies of the shipping label manually.

Please let me know whats the best way to get this done. 

Thank you in advance for your help.

Bracke

• 2. Re: Labels printing, quantity per page.
          bracke

Comment:

• 3. Re: Labels printing, quantity per page.
            comment_1

The basic idea is that you need a record for each label. If you have 2 records with 4 boxes each, you need 8 records in order to produce 8 labels. These records are created ad hoc in another table and printed from there.