AnsweredAssumed Answered

Labels with Auto Count Serial

Question asked by SimonArntsen on Dec 2, 2013
Latest reply on Feb 19, 2014 by UchihaItachi

Title

Labels with Auto Count Serial

Hello Filemaker community, 

I have a specific problem which I need a little advice on how to best go around this, I have looked on the forums and tried to do my research before asking for help, I seem to be a little bit of a dead end. I appreciate this might be a little easy for you pro's out there ;)

Basically I need to create box labels with sequential numbers on each label for a particular customer. There would be 6 labels to a page. I would have a running number starting from one to x . There could be up to 500 box labels required.

Label will just have customer name, destination, ref number company logo, etc.. very simple, however I need a unique number for that particular box label.

Ultimately I would like for example, I need to print 150 labels. I would enter 150 into a field and push a button where by 150 labels would show up ready to print on 25 sheets of labels. 

I would appreciate any input on how best to do this. Remember these labels do not need to be saved just printed, I would rather like to avoid making new records for every box label I need to print (if possible) just thinking about the space implications. 

Which calculations would be best to generate the sequential numbers.

Thanks for any help anyone could provide. 

Simon

Outcomes