AnsweredAssumed Answered

Lack of Grid Lines represents a huge backward leap to reporting for my colleagues

Question asked by bokenrosie on Jul 19, 2013
Latest reply on Jul 19, 2013 by philmodjunk

Title

Lack of Grid Lines represents a huge backward leap to reporting for my colleagues

I posted the attached picture to a thread yesterday.  The response I got was that it could not be done in Table View but the more I look I think the conclusion is that it cannot be done.

Table View is so very close to what Excel does right out of the box.  I need to add a header, footer, and maybe some date codes to the header and I'd be done.

List View, where I'm told this has to be done in order to accomodate fields that might be longer than the allotted space does not appear to accomodate something like a grid.

So I can create a report in list view.  I can put boxes around the fields.  I can overlap the boxes at high magnification so that they are right on top of eachother but when a row is missing data from the field the field (and the four bounding lines of that part of the made up grid) do not show up.

Really?  I cannot believe that after everything else that you can to with FM you cannot create a simple spreadsheet looking report.

BTW, my report that has 39 names on one page in Excel can only hold 15 lines using the shrinking technique.  

Please, someone, tell me this is all a dream and there is some hidden way to do this.

reportformat.PNG

Outcomes