Need some help
I am having a bit of a problem, and if someone could help, that would be great.
Background: my database has equipment, and boxes that the equipment goes into. Both have their own tables with box id in it (and these are connected through a relationship, that way we know which equipment is in which box).
We need to 'deploy' these boxes and equipment within the boxes on occasion. When we do this, we bring up a list of all the boxes and have a button that sets the 'deploy' field in the box table to "yes" and also the "deploy" field in the equipment table to yes as well. It works fine, except it will only ever set only one piece of equipment to "yes". For example, if there is 10 items in box 1 and we deploy it, only the first item will be marked as "yes" in "deploy" field (and the box will be yes for deploy as well). I tried "replace field contents" but this changed all equipment deploy status to yes in the found set, not just the one we wanted.
Most people at this point will be thinking, connect the two "deploy" fields through a relationship. However, we can't do this as when we return from deployment, some items might be missing. So when we return, we have a sign in layout in which we can sign in boxes and individual pieces of equipment (set deploy field to "no").
I hope someone can help.