AnsweredAssumed Answered

Need some relationship help

Question asked by mdphillips on Mar 20, 2015
Latest reply on Mar 20, 2015 by philmodjunk

Title

Need some relationship help

I've been working on a solution for several weeks.  The solution tracks job certifications for team members and seems to be working as needed (thanks Phil!)  Now I need to add another entity - required training.  This is definitely a many to many relationship position and training.  So after creating a table for "Training" with all the available courses.  I created a new table to relate training to positions called "Required Courses".  Everything in that step of the process seems to work correctly.  I created a layout for Required Courses which allows you to see all of the classes for a given position.  Here's where I'm getting hung up.  I would like to setup a portal, preferably on the Team Members layout, that will show a list of all the required courses for the member's position(s).  I believe I need to have an additional table instance (which I know how to do) of Required Courses and relate it to Member Positions but I can't for the life of me see how to join them.  I've tried several different ways but am obviously doing something newbie stupid and missing a step.  Any words of wisdom from the veterans?

Capture.JPG

Outcomes