2 Replies Latest reply on Dec 23, 2010 2:35 AM by synergy46

Need start to finish tutorial on FMP Email Campaign Management tutorial

SSH&B

Title

Need start to finish tutorial on FMP Email Campaign Management tutorial

Hello mentors,

I'm using FMP 10 to try to create an email campaign. I've actually done this once on one of the earlier versions of FMP but I've forgotten everything I'd learned.  So far I've created a database using the "Email Campaign Management " template and importing data into my contacts. From there I'm lost. I've tried to create groups with no success, I've tried to create a test Email Campaign to use for learning but I couldn't get past the "description" in the details section. I need help.

What I'm hoping for is to find a start to finish tutorial on setting up email campaigns in FMP 10. The previous version I used had the tutorial and it was straight forward and very detailed. I've looked through FMP 10 tutorials and I cannot find what I'm looking for.  Any suggestions (other than hire someone that knows what their doing) for places for me to look or resources I could try?

Thanks for anything you can do.

• 1. Re: Need start to finish tutorial on FMP Email Campaign Management tutorial
          TSGal

SSH&B:

Thank you for your post.

The Email Campaign Management database file is a sample file with a number of scripts.  Unfortunately, there is no tutorial, but you are able to customize it.  While in the Email Campaign Management database file, pull down the Scripts menu and select "Manage Scripts...".   A listing of all scripts will appear.  There are two scripts that I know of that send emails.  "Send Campaign" and "Send Email".  You may want to look through both of those scripts to refresh your memory how FileMaker works and how emails are sent.  If you have difficulty understanding any of these script steps, feel free to contact me.

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc.

• 2. Re: Need start to finish tutorial on FMP Email Campaign Management tutorial
            synergy46

Hi,

I am using FM 11 ADV.

I have set my SMTP settings manually and they work.  By that I mean, if I plug in everything in the SMTP OPTIONS dialog manually, the email gets sent.

But, when I use the email campaign manager and mail 2 contacts nothing happens.  When I review "ViEW CAMPAIGN LIST " it says my campaign is 'pending'. 

Yes, I have set SMTP to the same settings as the manual emails but nothing gets sent? 

Thanks

Ron