AnsweredAssumed Answered

Need to add a record in one layout and not have the record be added to other layouts in same...

Question asked by CamilleHinojosa on Sep 28, 2010
Latest reply on Sep 28, 2010 by philmodjunk

Title

Need to add a record in one layout and not have the record be added to other layouts in same database

I am developing an electronic medical record for a clinic.  I have a database called "Medical Records".   In Medical Records, there is a layout for Doctor's Treatment Notes and a separate layout for Doctor's Impairment Rating Notes.  There are other layouts and databases as well, linkable by the patient ID number.  The problem I am having is that if I add a record to the Doctor's Treatment Note layout, it also shows up in the Doctor's Impairment Rating Note layout, which is not appropriate because a particular patient encounter can only be one or the other.  Is the solution that I need to make a separate database for the treatment notes and a separate database for the impairment notes?  My rationale in keeping it all together, is that it all makes up a complete medical record and I thought from reading other posts, that things run more simply if there are fewer rather than more databases.  Alternatively, I could make the field names unique for the impairment rating layout so that unwanted data doesn't come over.  Or I can unlink them by telling FM to not create a new record via the related field right?  I'm afraid to make any serious changes now as I don't want to delete any data (although I guess I could make a backup copy and then tinker around.) -Gratefully appreciate your input.

Outcomes