AnsweredAssumed Answered

Need to make separate files into one file to build relationships between table and interface

Question asked by DanielKnott on Aug 7, 2014
Latest reply on Aug 8, 2014 by philmodjunk

Title

Need to make separate files into one file to build relationships between table and interface

Hi everyone, I am a bit of a FileMaker newbie (I used the program for basic databases in the beginning of college almost a decade ago). I am the IT Systems Admin at my company and we've been using Trackvia for a few years to accomplish our goals (for which I'll get into shortly) but find the cost becoming increasingly prohibitive as our company continues to grow exponentially. The President of the company wanted me to take a look at the possibility of using Filemaker to be able to track tasks/notes from each of our employees to our clients (the data of which can easily be imported from an existing Excel database). Anyway, I've set up a rudimentary task system that I've begun customizing that would fit our needs almost perfectly, however when I import an example Excel database, it creates an entirely new file. The problem is that none of the relationships that I build maintain upon closing; also, for the majority of users in the company, having a single file is infinitely easier for them. I've taken a snapshot of what I currently have so that someone may be able to point me in the right direction. Thank you in advance and if there's anything I can do to further assist (ie more information), please let me know. 

FM_Ex.PNG

Outcomes