AnsweredAssumed Answered

Need to save multiple, modified found sets in an archival image database

Question asked by hillsa on Mar 4, 2010
Latest reply on Mar 8, 2010 by hillsa

Title

Need to save multiple, modified found sets in an archival image database

I'm using Filemaker Pro v.10 on a Mac, v.10.5.8 OS / Leopard. I'm an amateur filemaker pro developer and built an archival image database in order to catalog what will be probably around 30,000 images (which is about 15% catalogued) for a public utility. I will occassionally get requests for certain images and would like to be able to save MODIFIED found sets but am having a hard time figuring out how to do so.

For example, someone requests "archival, historic images of public utility workers and tools" as well as "archival images of our city". These are essentially 2 (or more) search criteria which i can search on using key words and the subject field. Once i have a found set, there are images i can omit because i know they won't be appropriate or good enough quality. Once i omit records from a found set, how can i save this modified found set?

In addition, is there a way to ADD TO this modified found set so that i can have saved sets according to the person who made the request? For now, I am doing searches, omitting records, and then saving as a pdf file. once i have multiple saved pdf files i am using Acrobat to combine the pdfs into one. There must be a way to build this in FMP, no?

thanks!

Outcomes